The Shmup of Death v1.0 Controls: arrow keys - navigation z - fire x - launch bomb shift - focus missiles / slow ship movement Programming: Kristopher Windsor Game Design: Alex Kerr and Kristopher Windsor Graphics: Alex Kerr and Kristopher Windsor SFX Design: Kristopher Windsor Made for the SJSU Game Developement Club, Spring 2009, and WON! High Score: Alex Kerr, > 20,000 Developement time: ~4 days
(originally written by Parris)
This was a little later than anticipated; however, here are the rules for the shmup! Once again you may use any technology that you would like. If you make your game in C#/XNA and you feel that it would have a chance for Imagine Cup I would suggest submitting your entry. Winner of that will get to go to Cairo, Egypt and participate in the internationals and have a chance at winning $25,000
1. 1 Minute of Gameplay (at least)
2. 1 Level (at least)
3. 1 Boss!
4. Teams are allowed and may be as large as you wish.
5. The due date is around March 5th (we will set it in stone within the next week or so)
6. Games will be graded on Mechanics, Design (graphics, game and sound), Fun Factor, and Polish
7. The winners get prizes
8. The judges are Parris and Edgar (they may be bribed (jk))
9. Top 3 will get posted on SJSUGAMEDEV.com!!!